APTOMET operates calibration laboratories in the fields of electrical engineering, communication technology (incl. fibre optics), temperature and pressure (pressure measuring instruments, pressure calibrators etc.).
The regular calibration of measuring equipment is a basic requirement for every professional service provider and production company. It is an essential part of quality assurance in the company, because only through this can measurements remain traceable and retraceable.
The corresponding principles are directly or indirectly anchored in the relevant standards and legislation. The essential requirements can be found in the ISO/IEC/EN standards, the product liability regulations, the safety regulations for equipment safety and occupational safety as well as in international agreements.
APTOMET calibrates an extensive range of electrical, electronic and fibre optic measuring instruments, from simple multimeters to complex network analysers. We also have temperature and pressure calibrators. In our Fehraltorf branch, high-voltage (up to 200 kV) and high-current calibrations (up to 5000 A) are also possible. With well over 5000 calibration instructions, we can certainly meet your needs.
Our calibration laboratories are accredited for all important areas (see accreditation). For numerous other measuring ranges we can offer you factory calibrations or we can organise the calibration for you at another laboratory or at the manufacturer. You can also count on our expertise for special requests.
Calibrations are primarily carried out using the SCS method. A selection of our accredited measurement ranges is listed below. Details can be found in the detailed SCS directory.
- DC voltage 0 ... 20 kV
- DC current 0 ... 100 A
- Resistance 0.0001 Ohm ... 200 TOhm
- AC voltage 10 mV ... 15 kV
- AC current 2 mA ... 20 A (current clamps up to 3000A)
- AC power 2 W .... 48 kW (cos phi -0.5 ... 1 ... 0.5, 50 Hz)
- Frequency 1 mHz ... 50 GHz
- High-frequency power -120 dBm ... 20 dBm (10 kHz ... 18 GHz)
- Reflection factor 0.032 ... 1
- Calibration of oscilloscopes
- Fibre optic power -65 dBm ... -5 dBm (850 nm, 1310 nm, 1550 nm)
- Fibre optic attenuation 0 ... 60 dB
- Wavelength 600 nm ... 1570 nm
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Absolute pressure in fluids 13.8 mbar ... 70 bar
- Overpressure in fluids -0.9 bar ... 1000 bar
- Differential pressure in fluids -10 mbar ... 160 mbar
- Calibration of blood pressure measuring instruments
- Temperature (measuring probes, climatic cabinets etc) -90 °C ... +450 °C
- Magnetic flux density 0.1 µT ... 315 µT
- Electric field strength 0 .... 20 kV/m
All measured values are documented in a calibration certificate, which is delivered in paper form with the calibrated measuring instrument. On request, we also deliver the certificates electronically as secured and signed PDF documents (e.g. by e-mail or on data carriers). For customers with an APTObase account, the certificates are stored directly in the database and can be retrieved via the internet at any time.
Our certificates always contain all measured values and the permissible tolerances (if available). In the case of SCS certificates, the measurement uncertainty is also stated.
Certificates are archived electronically for at least 5 years and can be requested at any time.
With our certificates, you can prove at any time during an audit that your devices are calibrated as required by ISO 9000 standards.